Growing Your Brand With a Digital Marketing Agency
So, you’ve had some success growing your brand from the ground level, but you’re ready for that next jump. You’ve come to the right place.
Below we’ll provide expert insight into what exactly to search for in a Digital Marketing Agency, and what to avoid, in order to aid in your decision-making process.
In totality, you can expect the following in this blog:
- An introduction to Digital Marketing, and what it can provide for your brand.
- Expert insight on what to look for in an agency based on your brand’s specific needs.
- A discussion on what traits to seek out in a digital marketing agency.
When Is a Good Time To Seek Out a Digital Marketing Agency?
The answer to this question is tricky to answer, because it’s different for every brand.
As a rule of thumb, I’d say if you feel like you’ve reached the limit of how far you can propel your brand on your own, it’s time to get professional help.
Having a dedicated marketing team take on your brand provides you a wealth of knowledge, experience, and expertise to represent and advocate for your brand. But we’ll get more into the benefits later on.
Where Do I Start My Search?
Let me address one common misconception right off the bat, you don’t need an agency located near you.
There might be some minor benefits of having a local agency, like for example if you’re a person that absolutely must meet face-to-face. But to be transparent, in the digital world we live in, all the communication and collaboration needed can exist in Slack, Email, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
To further reiterate this point, Full Speed Advertising (the author of this blog) is a digital marketing agency headquartered in Seattle, WA, but the majority of our clients are actually located in different time zones, and communication has never been an issue.
To continue, I’d start your search by pin-pointing which services you’d like to acquire, and search google for those specific niches.
Some examples to Google:
- Full-Service Digital Marketing Agency in Seattle, WA
- Best Digital Marketing Agency for Paid Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization Marketing help
—> Pro Tip: Whatever specific services you’re seeking professional help for, include that in your search.
Are There Different Types of Agencies?
Absolutely! Some agencies (like Full Speed) are full-service, and can provide a multitude of digital marketing services, while others choose to specialize in a specific niche.
Some niches are as followed:
- Paid Digital Advertising (Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Bing, etc)
- Search Engine Optimization
- Email & SMS Marketing
- Web Design
- Content Creation & Social Media Marketing
Whether you choose a full-service team, or decide you’d prefer a specialized agency, is completely dependent on your unique digital marketing needs.
—> Pro Tip: If you’d like multiple services fulfilled, go with the full-service agency. If you only need help with one digital marketing niche, sometimes specialized agencies can be the better route.
To continue on this note, some digital marketing agencies get even more granular by specializing in a specific industry.
Here are some examples:
- Medical SEO (search engine optimizing for health care clinics, pharmaceutical companies, individual practices, etc.)
- Paid Digital Advertising for the Automotive Industry
- Content Marketing for Real Estate
If you fall under an agencies’ industry umbrella, it could be beneficial to work with the experts in your industry.
Does The Size Of The Agency Matter?
One last thing to keep in mind before we get into what to look for in an agency is the actual size of an agency.
- How long has this agency been in business?
- How big is this agency’s team?
- How many team members will be assigned to me?
Larger agencies have a wide-range of testimonials and success stories to back their methodology and approach, and are not a bad choice.
However, smaller (or newer) agencies often have more energy and flexibility to grow a brand from the ground up.
It really depends on what you’re trying to sell, how far along the journey you are already, and what services you’ll require from your agency.
You cannot go wrong with either a small or large agency, but keep these details in mind when making your selection.
What To Look For In a Digital Marketing Agencys?
Now here’s where the fun begins! There are certain features you’ll want in your agency, and certain red flags to look out for. Let’s dive straight in!
This one is a no-brainer, but it’s critically important. Transparency means sending you weekly reports showcasing their performance, progress, and of course revenue generated from their services.
Transparency also means being honest about expectations. If an agency promises absurdly high returns on investment in a short period of time, that’s a red flag, and something to avoid.
Growing a brand from the ground up is a marathon, not a sprint.
To piggie-back off the previous point about receiving weekly reports, it’s necessary that your agency takes the time to explain which metrics to look for, and what the different trends mean.
At Full Speed, we have bi-weekly calls with our partners to discuss account performance, changes in strategy, and which trends we can build off of.
It’s vital that as a small business owner, you are kept in the loop about the strategies they’re implementing to achieve your goals. Remember, you are partners.
Responsiveness also means being available to hop on a call to discuss upcoming holiday promo strategy and give recommendations on what they’ve seen be successful.
This is a perfect segue into our final, and most important point.
3. Willingness To Go Above & Beyond
Now, this one is difficult to measure, and is more of a feel, but is crucially important.
Here’s how I’ll attempt to translate it: a good digital marketing agency makes you feel fully heard and supported, while keeping your marketing strategy in-sync with their own.
Here at Full Speed Advertising, we have developed solid relationships with our partners, and are available to hop on a call to walk them through any questions they have.
We provide advice and best practices that extend beyond our services provided, and aim to touch bases with our clients every week day.
Our willingness to go above and beyond for our partners has allowed us to grow rapidly over the past year, and scale to manage hundreds-of-thousands of dollars in Google and Facebook ads.
- We hope that these tips have armed you with the knowledge and confidence to seek out an agency’s help, in order to elevate your brand to the next level.
- Full Speed Advertising is a Seattle-based, full-service digital marketing agency that offers paid digital advertising, SEO, consultation, email marketing, blogging & content creation, and so much more.
- Click here to get in touch with us, and receive a free consultation.
- For more information on brand growth, continue your reading below. We publish informative blogs on all things digital marketing.